The Shahaadat-martyrdom of Saiyedi wa Maulaai Musanji bin Saiyedi Taaj saheb (ra) is directly related with the construction of the mosque in 985 AH/1577 AD in Fakhri Mohalla located in the then Walled city of Vadodara. On account of the Minnat during Hajj Baytullaah, when Saiyedi saheb returned safely and peacefully, by the Razaa of 26th Da'i ul Mutlaq Saiyedna Burhaanuddin Dawoodji bin Saiyedi Qutubshah (aq), he built a mosque exactly behind his house and invited Saiyedna saheb from Ahmedabad for its opening. The local Subedar became angry and envious of not inviting him on the occasion of inaugural ceremony and this resulted in the martyrdom of Saiyedi saheb on 28th Moharram 986 AH.
When Aqaa Maulaa Saiyedna saheb (tus) visited this masjid for the namaaz of Laylat un Nisf (night of 15th Sha’baan) last year, Maulaa gave Razaa to Muqarrab ud Da’wat il ‘Alaviyah Fidahusain Hazaariwala, Mulla Dilaawarhusain Motiwala, Muqarrab ud Da’wat il ‘Alaviyah Mumtaazali Gandhi, Muqarrab ud Da’wat il ‘Alaviyah Marhoom Safiyuddinbhai Dholkawala’s family, Muqarrab ud Da’wat il ‘Alaviyah Ali Asgharbhai Lokhandwala to renovate its entrance and Qiblah and refurbish it White Marble. As this 455 years old structure needed urgent repairs, Maulaa ordered mumineen residing nearby the mosque to undertake this mammoth task and complete it swiftly in order to save it from further damage. Mumineen took this golden opportunity for the Khidmat of Baytullaah and the work started on 26th Nov 2018 and got completed on 26th Apr 2019.
Aqaa Maulaa in his crowning address to mumineen during the Rusoomaat of Iftitaah-e-Sa’eed of Saiyedi Musanji Masjid on 23rd Sha’baan 1440 AH, Sunday, said that, “Since the time immemorial, the mumineen of Jamaa’at ul Haqq are associated with the masjid, where “Haqq na Saheb” offered namaaz along with mumineen and this remained in the centre-stage for building Imaani environment and social progress. This masjid stands witness to the challenging time of our community when 32nd Da'i ul Mutlaq Saiyedna Ziyauddin saheb (aq) left Ahmedabad and settled in the outskirts of this Vadodara city named “Miya Mehmood Wadi”. At the entrance of Badri Mohalla, Maulaa built Ziyaai Masjid whose Mehraab and Qiblah were on the same pattern as that of Musanji Masjid. Before 50 years during the Da’wat of 43rd Da'i ul Mutlaq Saiyedna Y Nuruddin saheb (aq), that Ziyaai Masjid got replaced with the newly built Nooraani Masjid. But, for this Masjid, each and every thing has been retained and restored while beautifying it with Sang-e-Marmar.”
Salient features of Musanji Masjid:
- 3 Old Stone Qiblah of Sultanate period of Gujarat has been restored in the portion of the masjid meant for Ladies namaaz
- In the new central Qiblah, the Ta’weez-Ruq’ah of Da’wat e Shareefah has been buried in a marble box in which the entire proceedings of restoration is written
- In the sahen (courtyard), the wooden structure with colourful glasses has been retained
- In the same area, behind the marble fountain, the history of the mosque and the martyrdom of Saiyedi saheb has been engraved in marble in Lisaan ud-Da’wat
- Newly constructed Hall has been named as “Taaj Hall” along with Jamaa’at-khaana
- Marble plaque of Kalemat ush –Shahaadah has been refitted with old Qiblah which once adorned the centre of the mosque
- Remembrance of the restoration work in 1440 AH has been depicted in the 2 names of Allaah Ta’aala viz. “Yaa Hafeez” and “Yaa Saree’ al-Hisaab”. Its numeric value adds upto 1440. Both the names has been embossed on marble and fitted on the mehraab immediate to the entrance
- Mehraabs are decorated with Asmaa-e-Husnaa and the mubaarak names of Faatemi Imaams
- Parapet between the minarets has been designed as the mosque of al-Anwar, Cairo, which was built by 16th Faatemi Imaam Maulaana al-Haakim (as)