As the purpose of gathering was to interact, Aqaa Maulaa (tus) himself discussed some of the current topics and burning issues like tension and stress, personal issues, social media, marriage and materialistic approach:
1. Tension and Stress - Most of the youngsters resist themselves to share their problems with their parents or elders which lead to tension and stress. Majority of them undergo stress, whatever be the reason is. The reason of stress youngsters believe is whether it is family or peer pressure or education and career pressure or stress of proving oneself and maintaining superiority.
Aaqa maula (tus) advised,
1. “Family is a place of sharing; enjoyment and adjustment, there should be no pressure amongst you and your family members. You need to relive yourself and feel free. The only pressure which should bother you is the judgement of the actions as per Imaan and ‘Ibaadat; not peer or family pressure.”
2. “Academic qualification is not always important. Everyone is born intelligent only, it’s just that you need to identify your interest and use your intelligence on right time. Do not pressure yourself because of career and money. Choose what you are interested in. There will be sometimes when you’ll fail and it’s okay to fail because when you fail, you learn how to look back and see what you did wrong.”
3. “Allaah Ta’aala does not like the people who consider themselves as ‘I am something’. You should never prove yourself as superior but you should seek and pursue knowledge from cradle to grave.”
2. Personal Issues – Sometimes youngsters may suffer from stress that isn’t caused by some external cause but from their own personal issues. For example,
(A) Constantly comparing self with others- Comparison is generally the reason to unhappiness. When you start comparing yourself to others, you start complaining to Allaah about what you are not having.
What Aqaa Maulaa (tus) advised is, “Instead of comparing yourself with the people who have more than what you possess (rich people), you should look at those who live a simple and meaningful life and you should be thankful to Allaah for what all you possess.”
(B) Striving for instant results – Lack of patience in today’s generation is causing stress related diseases and ailments. Youngsters are getting hyped and impatient day by day.
(C) Distrust and self centeredness – Youngsters are becoming more self centered now a days. Self centered people tend to ignore the needs of others and only do what’s best for them.
(D) Increase in Arrogance – Never be proud of your achievement and never consider yourself as something.
3. Materialistic Approach – In the modern world of today, people who does not possess modern amenities, they feel that their life is full of hardships. And on the other hand, people owing and buying modern amenities believe that they have achieved important life goals like success and happiness. But truly speaking, it is not that way.
4. Social Media – Social media have become a prominent part of life for many young people today. Most of the people engage in social media without thinking what will be the effects in their lives, whether positive or negative. If you are using social media you should be aware of both the aspects of it.
Aqaa Maulaa (tus) notified, ”Always use social media for good purpose, for gaining information and pursuing knowledge. Be aware of misleading content on social media which can distract you. Always take care that social media should not become a hindrance in your personal life.”
5. Marriage – Marriage is the intimate union and equal partnership of a man and woman. It comes to us as a blessings from the holy hands of Allaah who created us.
Aqaa Maulaa (tus) advised, “Never consider marriage as a drop down point in woman’s career rather marriage is a natural and social institution. After marriage, girls should avoid doing job or service unless and until there are financial crisis in the family. Doing job after marriage can create a disbalance between family and professional life and can be a hindrance in upbringing of children.”